Manali is a high-altitude Himalayan resort town in India’s northern Himachal Pradesh state. It has a reputation as a backpacking center and honeymoon destination.
Manali top the list of the most popular destinations in India and so, it is possible that you may fall in love with this incredible hilltop, which is gifted with abundant charm of nature and scenic beauty. There are plenty of tourist places in Kullu & Manali like Beas Kund, Chandrakhani Pass, Rohtang Pass, and Solang Valley which attract countless tourists every year to experience beauty so evident and pure.
Manali tourism hits the highest point in the summer holiday season and also during December to February when the climate is mostly pleasant and nice. Manali is one of the top favorites of honeymoon couples, who head to this region to have an exciting experience amid the magnificent mountains, topped with snow.
• Manali is named after the famous Hindu lawgiver Manu; Manali was previously known as Manu-Allaya meaning the abode of Manu.
• Manali is a collection of three adjacent hills, each of which has a village and an old temple - old Manali has Manu Temple, Vashishtha has Vashishtha Temple, and Dhungri has Hadimba Temple.
• Manali houses many European cafes, the reason being European tourists discovered this region, stayed on, married locals, and started their own cafes.
• The Hadimna Temple in Manali is framed by towering deodars, which are pretty much untouched in all its 400-year-old wooden glory. • The major language that are spoken are Hindi, Himachali, and English.
• Manali is the ultimate destination for adventure sports such as mountaineering, trekking, and skiing.