- Dalhousie is situated at an altitude of 2,030 meters above sea level.
- It is named after Lord Dalhousie, who was one of the viceroys of India.
- The architecture of the city gives one a poignat reminder of the Briitish colonial era and exudes an old world charm.
- Dalhousie comprises five distinct hills: Balun, Kathlog, Petreyn, Tehra, and Bakrota.
- It has four main churches- St. John's Church (built in 1903 A.D), St. Patrick's Church (1909 A.D), St. Andrew's Church, and St. Francis's Church.
- Dalhousie houses a 150 year old temple i.e. Lakshami Narayan Temple.
- Historic personalities like Guru Rabinder Nath Tagore, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose visited Dalhousie years back.